Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Your Mission, Should You Choose To Accept It

Thank you. Thank you for having the faith to vote me in as Ministry Area Coordinator for Missions for the upcoming year. I really appreciate your confidence, and I'll do my best not to screw it up. Now I just have to figure out exactly what I'm in for.

One thing I wanted to do immediately is to establish this blog. I hope to make this a repository for Mission reports, project updates, and links to related websites. If there is other information which you think should be posted here, please feel free to let me know. I may be the current MAC, but this is your mission. Let this blog be a clearinghouse for suggestions, feedback, and bright ideas from all members. Digital photographs are also welcome. Just e-mail your submission to me at jascott@excel.net and I'll take care of the rest.

Mari Falk has suggested that we focus on a particular mission for a couple of months at a time, so projects doesn't get lost in the crowd. I guess we're already in that mode with the creation of the Prayer Shawl Circle in January. And again, I have to say thank you. We already have five shawls either presented or completed and due to be presented shortly. The definitive book, The Prayer Shawl Ministry: Reaching Those In Need, by Leisure Arts, has been donated and is available in the Fireside Room. If you need yarn, please let me know; we have a stash of donated materials that I'm happy to pass on. If you need patterns, see me on any Sunday or check out the resources listed here. If there is someone you believe would benefit from receiving a shawl, contact me, or Reverend Bill, or anyone on council.

Now, what shall we tackle next?

1 comment:

Doug said...

Hi Jami,
Glad you are the mission MAC! My question is how do we define mission? Are we thinking that "mission" is "tasks/service projects" or is mission the same as "purpose" or "calling" (as in our Mission Statement)? Do we define it as our "Assignment" from God? Are we supposed to have many little missions or are we talking about our "Church Mission", as in the reason for our existence? Are we differentiating between local missions, Regional, National, and International and so on?

Just wondering,

Doug